To view the job posting in its entirety, please click on a position listed below:
Resident Services Activities Coordinator
November 29, 2021
The Housing Authority of DeKalb County (HADC) announces an opening for the position of:
Resident Services Activities Coordinator
The Resident Service Activities Coordinator's mission is to provide assistance to the Resident Services Manager in the implementation, delivery, and coordination of the overall activity programs within the communities that we serve. The Resident Services Activity Coordinator is committed to working with people in a way that is nonjudgmental, non-intrusive and confidential. This position also promotes activities to residents throughout the communities and encourages resident participation. RSC promotes safe living environments and encourages the growth of community to better meet the needs of individual residents in housing communities. The duties listed below illustrate the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements regarding duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment in association with this position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in collaboration with the Resident Services Manager to arrange for a variety of activities to be brought to the communities for the education, wellness and enjoyment of the residents.
- Attends all resident activities at assigned properties. Sets up room for all activities and provides the supplies needed for each. Cleans up after each activity ends.
- Recommends new programs or activities for properties to Resident Services Manager.
- Assists Resident Services Manager and other staff/volunteers with events as requested.
- Provides coverage for office hours at properties and Resident Roundtable meetings as requested.
- Maintains records of resident attendance at all activities and events. Creates sign-in sheets for all activities monthly. Ensures all residents in attendance sign-in for each activity. Scans all sign-in sheets to appropriate folder(s) monthly for compliance purposes.
- Keeps sufficient activity program and craft supplies on hand for activities at each property. This includes RSC promotional items, supplies, snacks, drinks, decorations, games.
- Responsible for creating New Resident Kits and keeping a supply on hand for new resident orientations.
- Assists Resident Services Manager in welcoming new residents and explaining RSC programs as well as appropriate and available community resources, programs and services.
- Provides residents with linkages to community service organizations and programs as requested.
- Assists Resident Services Manager in planning a varied monthly activity calendar.
- Arranges for appropriate activities as reflected by resident preferences.
- Prints and hand-delivers newsletters to residents at assigned properties monthly.
- Encourages all residents to participate in some or all activities offered.
- Works with Bus Driver to schedule transportation to off-site shopping/business/entertainment venues.
- Ability to deal effectively with sensitive and confidential information.
- Accountable for consistent adherence to RSC standards regarding the ethical, responsible, and appropriate use, care, and safeguarding of all materials, supplies, resources, and other assets.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of meeting the overall goal of the Health, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Sciences, Psychology, Education or closely related field preferred, but not required. High school diploma or GED with experience in community services or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable.
- Ability to deal effectively with situations that require tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and courteous working relationships with other employees, residents, community agencies, and other entities that provide services.
- Skilled in operating computer equipment, applicable software packages and general office machines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
MINIMUM SALARY: DOQ
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please email resumes to , and include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The Housing Authority of Dekalb County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.