FAQs for Doing Business with HADC

Please click on a question below to view the answer:

What type of services does HADC solicit?

The Housing Authority of DeKalb County (HADC) seeks products and services for a wide range of projects and services that include office and business supplies, building and maintenance supplies, consulting and legal services, development and architectural design, general construction services, insurance coverage, and other services and materials as needed.

How can my business submit a quote or bid?

The Housing Authority of DeKalb County (HADC) procures the majority of its products and services via our eProcurement website, please click here to register your business so that you can be notified of new bid opportunities and to view our current solicitations.

How do I get my business on HADC’s bid list?

Please register your business on our eProcurement website by clicking here. Once registered, you will receive an invitation whenever we are soliciting for goods or services in your business’ categories.

What is Section 3?

Section 3 is a HUD program that allows housing authorities, such as the Housing Authority of DeKalb County (HADC), to offer a preference in contracting for businesses that are owned by public housing residents (or former public housing residents) or general businesses who meet certain criteria in hiring for their businesses. Most Section 3 businesses meet these criteria by having at least thirty percent (30%) of their employees meet specific income requirements for DeKalb County, Georgia. Please note, Section 3 is not a racially based preference. All companies who meet Section 3 criteria, no matter the ethnicity or racial background of the owners or employees are eligible to be a Section 3 Business Concern. For more information on Section 3, please see the Manual and Forms section.